Re: [Nautilus-list] I'm having troubles using Nautilus

On Sunday, July 22, 2001, at 07:17  PM, Kevin Duckett wrote:

I'm having troubles using Nautilus as a web browser and help page
viewer. The following is an example of what happens when I attempt to
view a manual through Nautilus.

- I start a gnome-terminal
- I click the HELP menu and select the user guide menu
- Nautilus starts loading
- A popup message is displayed and says: VIEW FAILED: THE WEBPAGE VIEW
ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR WHILE STARTING UP.

That's the essense of my problem. I believe I have all the required
rpm's loaded. Can you tell me what to do to fix this?

The most likely problem is with your mozilla installation. Which mozilla RPM do you have installed? The Ximian Nautilus requires the Ximian mozilla RPM, I seem to recall.

    -- Darin