Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus on freebsd - questions on nautilus_application_startup

On Saturday, July 21, 2001, at 11:16  AM, Patrick Hartling wrote:

I have some time to try debugging Nautilus 1.0.4 on FreeBSD this weekend,
so I started by trying out the OAF and Bonobo tests.  With OAF 0.6.5, all
the tests passed as long as I started oaf-empty-server before running
'make check' and put broken.oafinfo with the other .oafinfo files.  Is it
normal to need oaf-empty-server for the tests, or should the tests pass
using oafd alone?  I killed oafd every time before running the tests just
to be safe.

I don't know.

For Bonobo 1.0.7, four of the five tests pass without problems.  The
last one, test-xobject, fails when it calls bonobo_object_unref() just
before returning.  Looking through the stack trace, on line 395 of
bonobo-moniker.c, the value of moniker->priv->private is 0xd0d0d0d0 which
is considered a junk pointer.  g_free() fails to release the memory
because of this.

I'm not sure why this is happening. It's worth debugging this.

Perhaps this is the wrong place to be reporting these things, but what
I'm interested in is whether or not these two issues could be leading to
problems with Nautilus on FreeBSD?  For the most part, OAF and Bonobo
seem to be working fine.

I'm really not sure. The gnome-components-list mailing list is the right place to raise these issues, by the way.

    -- Darin