Re: [Nautilus-list] Memory consumption under Sol8?

On Wednesday, July 18, 2001, at 03:31  PM, Nick Steel wrote:

If I launch Nautilus, the nautilus_2 process will use up all 1.5Gb avail
ram, and then use all 2gb of available swap and the interface will never
come up. The only thing I can do is kill -9 the nautilus_2 process to free
up the memory.

I don't even know what the nautilus_2 process is. But I bet that strace would give you a clue about what the process is doing.

    -- Darin