Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus with ogg

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:21:26 -0500 (CDT)
Dan Mueth <d-mueth uchicago edu> wrote:
> Can we expect that all GNOME users use esd?  If so, we could just use
"-d
> esd" in the call in Nautilus.  If we think some people may decide to
turn
> off esd, we could have a preferences dialog which either allows people
> select to not use esd or else which gives users a short list of device
> options to choose from for passing to ogg123.  Using esd should be the
> default behavior if it is not reconfigured since this is the GNOME sound
> server. Ideally in the future all of this will be done by communicating
> with the control-center, but for now I guess it makes sense to put it in
> Nautilus' preferences.  Or is there a simple way to poll the
> control-center to find out if esd is being used?

Weren´t there plans for Gnome 2.0 to exchange the esd with another sound
deamon ? I believe there were discussions to implement ARTS or to write a
new sound daemon to replace the old ESD system....

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                               (o o)
Marius Stepien          marius linuxgamer de         www.linuxgamer.de
                           ICQ: 22511372
                 Hailstorm Linux (Linux From Scratch)
Kernel 2.4.6               .oooO  Oooo.                      Gnome 1.4
                             \_)  (_/