Re: [Nautilus-list] select all, unselect all and invert selection patch

On 11 Jul 2001 05:11:09 -0700, Ben Ford wrote:
> Darin Adler wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, June 14, 2001, at 01:17  PM, Benedikt Roth wrote:
> >
> >> the attached patch improves the behaviour of the 'Select All' menu item
> >> and adds two new menu items to the 'Edit' menu: 'Unselect All'
> >> and 'Invert Selection'.
> >

> > I personally think that Unselect All is not a very good addition. And
> > I think that Invert Selection is a pretty strange feature.
>

> It's actually a very useful feature.  Say you have a directory of 300
> files and you want to keep 5 of them.  Select those 5 and hit 'Invert
> Selection'.  Now all but those 5 are selected for further manipulations.
>
> -b
>
> --
> :    __o
> :   -\<,
> :   0/ 0

You can do this already. Just select all, and then select each file you
want to unselect holding down the alt key. You can even drag unselect
while holding the alt key. It seems to me the Invert Selection is a bit
esoteric and there is no need to add another item to Nautilus' busy
menus if the feature will not be used very much. I, for one, very rarely
want to perform the action you refer to.

Regards,
Kevin