[Nautilus-list] ~/Nautilus

Hi,

In RH Nautilus (patches partially submitted upstream, more
forthcoming) we now have:

 - starthere:
 - home directory
 - the desktop

I think the concept of "user main directory" no longer makes sense in
this context, it is redundant with those other locations.

starthere: is for stuff we want people to find, the desktop and the
panel are places where users can add links/launchers, the home
directory is for data files. Even the desktop vs. home directory idea
is somewhat questionable. So I don't see having ~/Nautilus.

Anyhow, I am deleting all references to "user main directory" in
Nautilus for that reason. Does this make sense? Do you want an
upstream patch?

The only really useful thing in ~/Nautilus right now is "scripts." I
am moving that to ~/.nautilus-scripts since I believe it's a
configuration file. If it seems hard to find there, we can have a
.desktop file linking to it on the desktop or in starthere:.

(This also addresses the rather questionable localization of the
"scripts" filename - localizing filenames makes things break when you
switch locales. .desktop files and .directory files are good solutions
to this.)

BTW, did I mention before the topic of deprecating nautilus link files
in favor of .desktop files? Opinions there? .desktop files are
standardized and can be extended to do whatever Nautilus link files
do.

Havoc