Re: [Nautilus-list] Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla must share profile information

Steve Fox wrote:

On 07 Jul 2001 23:36:56 -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:

I propose that Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla, and other embedded Mozilla
implementations should share profile information.  I find it very silly
that I should have to change my proxy preferences, for example, in three
different places.  It is also silly to have three out-of-sync bookmark
lists, and three different copies of the history.

This is bad for the user.  The preferences and profiles should be central.
Please to discuss.

Actually, this should be all stored in one GConf location, with it
configured in the Control Center. But as the saying goes, "patches are
welcome".

Errr . . .no. Mozilla isn't a gnome project and probably won't ever be. There is no compelling reason for them to use Gconf. Mozilla is intended to be as cross-platform as possible and to run with very minimal external dependancies. Yes, Gconf is intended to be used for purposes outside of gnome as well, but realistically it isn't there.

Don't expect them to bend to you.  They have no real reason to do this.

-b

--
:    __o
:   -\<,