Re: [Nautilus-list] Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla must share profile information

On 8 Jul 2001, Steve Fox wrote:

> On 07 Jul 2001 23:36:56 -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> > I propose that Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla, and other embedded Mozilla
> > implementations should share profile information.  I find it very silly
> > that I should have to change my proxy preferences, for example, in three
> > different places.  It is also silly to have three out-of-sync bookmark
> > lists, and three different copies of the history.
> >
> > This is bad for the user.  The preferences and profiles should be central.
> > Please to discuss.
>
> Actually, this should be all stored in one GConf location, with it
> configured in the Control Center. But as the saying goes, "patches are
> welcome".

What I had in mind actually was more of a standard file format so programs
that aren't linked with GNOME libs can use these prefs too.  Then I could
have the same bookmarks, proxy settings, and cookies in Mozilla, Galeon,
Nautilus, konqueror, lynx, w3m, links, etc.

-jwb