Re: [Nautilus-list] medusa and non-local filesystems (AFS)

Troy Carter wrote:

> I installed the latest Nautilus (RH6.2 via installer) last night and
> noticed this morning that medusa had quickly gobbled up the last 250MB
> on my /usr partition (in /usr/share/medusa).  I run afs (openafs) and I
> figured out that this was due to an attempt to index /afs, which of
> course is a huge file system.  Is there anyway to tell medusa to ignore
> certain directories in the indexing process?
>
> Thanks-
> -Troy

Yes.  There is a list that the indexer uses called the "stoplist" to find
files and directories that should not
be indexed.  This file is located in /etc/medusa.  You can add directories
that you would like to skip as part of indexing to the list.

Additionally, medusa knows how to skip particular types of volumes.   It
will already skip nfs volumes by default.  I thought I remembered adding
afs volumes, but I was mistaken.  I've added them today, however, so
future versions will not have this problem.

Rebecca