Re: [Nautilus-list] feature request: sort folders first thenfiles

Darin Adler wrote:

> on 1/30/01 5:43 PM, R. Charles  Tersteeg at aa0na arrl net wrote:
>
> > would it be possible to add an option to sort folders first by name and
> > then files?
>
> Thanks for the request. We've had people ask for this before and we are
> considering it for after 1.0.

Post 1.0? Have you noticed that searching for a folder inside a >300
files
directory is frustrating? While keeping they at top is so fast to look
for.

Also, I have tried PR3 to see perfomance, it is _very bad_ still when I
enter
my 3900 photos folder. It takes about 30 minutes to eat 256 Mb of swap
space
(I have 128Mb of RAM, Kernel 2.4.0), and meanwhile all nautilus windows
are
freezed, even the desktop. Also it downs the responsiveness of my system
a lot
while trying to do this (P3 533Mhz).

Anyway it is great for managing files, and the mozilla components loads
a lot
faster now.

See you.

--
Manuel Clos,
llanero jazzfree com

use what's best for you. Don't use what you feel you "have" to.