[no subject]

So at the highest zoom level, things like the Internet, the network, and the
local computer would be displayed.  If you had a powerful microscope, you
could see a single letter in a document 10 folders deep on a remote
computer.

Zooming in on a folder enough would open the folder.

Zooming in on a document would open the document.

Zooming out on the local network would show networks in different locations.

As I understand, Nautilus does not work this way currently.  I'm no
expert--I don't know that one implementation is better than the other.  My
question is:

Why didn't Nautilus use the implementation described above?  Or will
Nautilus move toward that implementation?

Are there disadvantages to the implementation described above?

(Unrelated) Can the zoomable component be used in other programs to
structure arbitrary information (ie, other than a file system)?

Thanks,

Gerry Chu
gerrychu bigfoot com