From: "Ben Pregont,,," <starnix yifan net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:25:56 -0600
To: sullivan eazel com
Subject: Preview Release Comments

I have been using the preview release for a few days now and have a few
suggestions to make it more usable for "Me" anyway.

1.     There should be a way of setting properties for ALL folders (ie.
Zoom,  Background, View) or for a folder and all its subfolders.

2.    The drive mount icons should have a mount/unmount menu item in the
menu also an eject menu item.

3.    I cannot get mimetypes to work for certian applications (ie.
gnumeric among others)

4.    I cannot browse the web with the nautilus-mozilla module.

5.    I cannot access Eazel Services,  I get "eazel: not a valid location".

6.     In the terminal used to run Nautilus I get the message "**
WARNING **: No description found for mime type
        "application/x-abiword" (file is "<filename>.abw"), tell
sullivan eazel com"

7.    I would also like to see a menu item for "Delete File" instead of
only "Move to Trash"  This could be configurable to only show in
       the advanced user menus.

8.    For the "Show Properties" funciton,  it would be nice if I could
select multiple files and have it open one window so I can set the
       properties of those files to a common property (ie. If I want to
put the same emblem on multiple files,  have only one window
       come up to do that.  This is possible in gmc.)

9.     Files should be able to be moved in another way besides drag and
drop.  I would like to be able to rightclick on an item and select
       move and have a dialog come up which I can type the path in to
where I want it moved.  THis is possible in gmc.

10.    I can't seem to change icons of items on the desktop.   I can
bring up the properties and change it but it doesnt take.

I hope this helps you in development of Nautilus as I see this as a VERY
promising future for GNOME.  These are just some concerns I have in the
usability of Nautilus.  Thank you for your time and efforts...

That's all for now....

Sincerely,

Ben Pregont