Re: [Nautilus-list] Mozilla and its nightly builds

Yaacov Akiba Slama wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I successfully installed an hourly build of Nautilus (200101090026) from
> RPMS (without recompiling anything). Everything is OK.
> But...
> I am using a recent nightly build of mozilla, and I download the last
> build every week or so, and they are now a lot better (and quicker) than
> M18.
> Do I have a possibility to use such a version ? Do I need to recompile
> Nautilus ? If yes what the minimal compilation I need to do, because I
> don't want to recompile everything each time I change Mozilla ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> YAS

Yes, you probably need to recompile the nautilus mozilla component if
you build mozilla yourself.  The autoconf flags needed for this are
documented in nautilus/README.

Once you reconfigure, and if you like to keep dependencies in your head,
you can rebuild just the mozilla component like this:

make -C components/mozilla install

Pay attention to the summary printed out by configure.  Make sure the
mozilla flags are what you expect them to be.

-re