Re: [Nautilus-list] Sorting Directories First

Josh Barrow <josh eazel com> writes:

> John,
>
> Yes it is.  Open a Nautilus window -> View -> Layout items -> by Type
>
> There isn't a way to do this for every folder, but it works for individual
> folders, and is stored in that folders metadata, so it's like that
> everytime you enter that folder.

I think the specific request is to list directories first, but
alphabetical within directories, and sort all the other files
alphabetically after that. "Layout by Type" breaks down
non-directories by type as well.

Another thing I'd like to see is to have capital letters sort ahead of
all lowercase letters (or at least an option to do this) because many
Unix file naming conventions are based on the assumption that capital
letters sort first (README, ChangeLog, INSTALL, etc).

 - Maciej