[Nautilus-list] Nautilus crashing on startup in GDK

Hello,
	Recently, I have become very interested in running Nautilus
because it looks like fantastic software.  I am having some difficulty
getting it to start, unfortunately.  I get the following error:

> run-nautilus

** CRITICAL **: file gdk-pixbuf-render.c: line 349 (gdk_pixbuf_render_pixmap_and_mask): assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed.

** CRITICAL **: file gdk-pixbuf.c: line 67 (gdk_pixbuf_unref): assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed.
Bus error - core dumped

I'm running this on FreeBSD with XFree86 4.0.1 (NVidia driver).  I've
been having problems for a long time with shared memory issues in IMLIB
and GDK related to the lame NVidia driver that comes with XFree86 4,
but it's my only option right now.  Is there anything I can do to correct
the above problems?  The relevant software versions I have are:

    glib 1.2.8
    gtk 1.2.8
    gnomelibs 1.2.11
    gnomecore 1.2.4
    ORBit 0.5.7
    gdk-pixbuf 0.9.0
    imlib 1.9.8.1
    gnomevfs 0.5
    gtkhtml 0.8.2
    gconf 0.12
    gal 0.5
    bonobo 0.37
    medusa 0.3.0
    popt 1.5.1
    oaf 0.6.2
    XFree86 4.0.1
    freetype2 2.0.1

I'm quite willing to try out patches or beta software (since I'm already
using a ton of it anyway).  Thanks.

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling			| Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick 137 org				| 2624 Howe Hall -- (515)294-4916
http://www.137.org/patrick/		| http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/