Re: [Nautilus-list] Some Bugs and Concerns

On 16 Feb 2001, Michael Leone wrote:

 Hi,

 JFYI, I posted an interface and implementation proposal for exactly this
(ability to configure UI of gnome apps configurable via gnome control center)
on gnome-devel-list gnome org in the message with subject
"idea: special menuitem in MenuBar of each gnome application" this week. In
archives:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-devel-list/2001-February/msg00177.html
If it was implemented, in particular it would be possible to set whether to
show icon text on per-app basis (without any changes required from app
programmer, even recompilation won't be needed - i.e. it will be possible
to use it with existing apps).

 Implementation doesn't require a lot of coding..

 I can implement the idea proposed if the implementation was sponsored.

 Sorry for offtopic (but you started it).

> > > I totally disagree.
> >
> > That's just fine.
> >

> > > I *like* my icons to have text with them at all times. Altho, yes, it should
> > > be configurable, on a user-by-user basis.
> > >
> > The question wasn't whether to make it configurable, it was whether it
> > should be app by app or across the board.
>
> Sorry; I meant configurable on an app-by-app basis, not user-by-user.
>

> --

 Best regards,
  -Vlad