Re: [Nautilus-list] Some Bugs and Concerns

Seth Nickell wrote:

*** snip ***

-- Toolbar - text in the buttons should be optional for intermiedate and

For better or worse, GNOME handles this as a system-wide preference.
(settings->user interface->applications has it, I think)

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. Also, if you turn off pixmaps in the menus in the GNOME cc, they still appear in the Nautilus menus.

-- Memory Consumption - better, but still overwhelming my AMD K6-2
500Mhz w/ 96 MB RAM and 8 MB of that shared with video because I have an
embarrassing Compaq Presario.  Nautilus-notes, Nautilus-tree,
Nautilus-history all take up as much memory as some single gnome
applications.  I know you can shut them down, but who wants to take away
features.

I fell prey to this too, you should measure the memory difference
between Nautilus not running and Nautilus running. "top", "gtop" etc
don't provide an accurate idea of how much memory something is taking,
because most of the memory things like nautilus-notes are reported as
taking up are actually shared libraries.

talking and no developers.  I know you guys are very busy, but dropping
a line in every so often would be nice  :)

I try, but you have to limit your expousure or you get all depressed :-)

-Seth