[Nautilus-list] Ramiro: Information on nautilus_pop_up_context_menu()

Disclaimer: This question doesn't relate specifically to nautilus, but it
was requested that this question was sent here anyways.

Hi,

I am trying to get right-click context menus to act more friendly in an
application (galeon), similar to that how they work in Nautilus for the
most part. Specifically, the goal is that the user can either right-click,
or hold down the right button and still get a menu up (currently you can
only click, or hold, depending on if we use "click" or "button_press").

Because of the general ugliness that resulted when trying to combine the
two, I decided to look and see how Nautilus did this -- and came across
the gtk extensions function nautilus_pop_up_context_menu().

While I kind of understand and follow the logic behind this function, I
was wondering if the author (Ramiro Estrugo) could give a little more
background information on why this was necessary to do it this way, why it
doesn't use a gnome popup menu instead of the gtk_menu_popup(), and
finally, if this would still be necessary with Gtk+ 2.0.

Thanks in advance

--
Nate Case <nd kracked com>
*** Not subscribed to list, please cc me directly