Re: [Nautilus-list] The screenshots made me think....

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Mattias Eriksson wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2001 01:35:03 -0800, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > I once again challenge you to tell me what the hell "looks like GNOME"
> > means.
>
> I dont want a flame war, I dont thing those kind of debates leed any
> where.... so dont interpret my mails as flames, they are not ment to be
> that. With this said I'll go and answer your question.
>
> With a gnome look I mean things like using gnome stockbuttons by
> default, using system fonts by default and such things. A app that lets
> gnome handle all that kind of stuff automaticly gets a gnome look.

Sounds like 'ugly' to me.

> And I dont want to be rude to any employers at eazel, I think they have
> been doing a great job so far. But I still think it's important not to
> trade a default gnome look just go get this single app looking better,
> because I must say that it's looking good. I just want to point out that
> it might be an idea to improve the gnome stockbuttons so that those
> might be better looking and then use them by default. I guess the font
> matter might solve itself when gtk 2.0 comes with support for
> antialiasing, I asume that this is the reason to use a alternative font.

I actually agree with the Nautilus/Eazel crew that they have the freedom
to do what they want.

In fact - by "default" i think they will have a Sawfish Crux theme, a
Gtk+ Crux theme, and a Nautilus Crux theme which will flesh nicely
together.

So by default you will have a GNOME look.

Theoretically, stock buttons should be themeable too, but they are not
currently. Look for this in Gtk+ 2.0 though.