Re: [Nautilus-list] Shortening long names

On 12/20/01 12:03 PM, "Trevor Davenport" <trevord sd215 k12 id us> wrote:

> There I one thing that I really hate when I have nautilus in the icon
> view.  If I have one file/folder that has a really long name then it
> throws the icon placement off the next row is way below.  In the list
> view it shorten the name so the it has the beginning...ending.  Is this
> name shorting something that could be added over to the icon view or is
> it something like an eellist option.  I would love to add this if
> someone could point me in the right direction.

Sure, it could be added to the icon view. But not everyone wants it (for
example, I don't want it). If someone was thinking of adding this, he'd
probably have to add a feature to do this to NautilusIconContainer (found in
libnautilus-private/nauitilus-icon-container.c and other files) and then
trigger it in the FMIconView code based on a preference setting (found in
src/file-manager/fm-icon-view.c and other files).

    -- Darin