Re: [Nautilus-list] Xft Anti-aliasing, Libart antialiasing?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Moses Lei wrote:

> > Many people believe the blurred out look of AA fonts is harder on the eye,
> > because it fools the brain to think the fonts are out of focus, and the
> > eye keeps trying to focus in on them.
>
> I think I'd rather look at something that looks like it looks on paper
> than something that looks like it's from a computer, if it's going to be
> blurred either way.

Ah. But the unhinted AA is not what it will look on paper. The paper will
typically have non-hinted non-aa sharp looking fonts, whereas the unhinted
aa will have grayscale blurry looking fonts, even though they use the same
'ideal' curves instead of slightly modified ones.

/ Alex