Re: [Nautilus-list] Architecture overview?

On 12/6/01 8:53 PM, "Jeff Waugh" <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

> Is there a 'Nautilus from 100 feet' overview/architecture document around?
> That might be really helpful to get people involved (especially for smaller
> things that random hackers can contribute).
>
> If it exists, please let John Fleck and the release team know.

There are a small number useful documents in nautilus/docs. I wrote a
specific document about an area that contributors found confusing called
nautilus-io.txt -- this came about because of questions from Red Hat
contributors when they were working on the Red Hat Nautilus package.

It's a lot easier for me to write a document that answers some specific
questions than it is for me to write about "architecture" on a blank page.
The most likely way to get *me* to write a document is to start
contributing, and ask some specific questions, which I am happy to answer in
document form.

There's a document in there called architecture.txt that Maciej wrote a long
time ago; it's a bit out of date, and it's really about only one specific
aspect of the Nautilus architecture. I'll be happy to write more documents
in the style of nautilus-io.txt, once it becomes clear what questions I
should answer in them.

    -- Darin