Re: [Nautilus-list] Progress Bar on Move

On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 18:31, Govind S. Salinas wrote:

> Hi, another user here, why not do it like red-carpet does it suring
> downloads and have both.  A this-file progress and a total-Mb progress.

This would be neat, I agree.

I would be interested in opinions about showing the progress bar for
very fast operations. One might argue that the progress dialog should be
shown for every operation - to provide feedback and give the user the
opportunity to cancel the (possibly destructive) operation. Or would it
be ok to have a progress that comes up only if the operation takes
longer than a certain amount of time? This seemed to be the original
intend of the authors (on move at least). Should this be handled
differently for the various operation classes (move/copy/delete/trash)?
I'm running a version with a delayed (0.5sec) progress dialog now (for
all operations) - And I like it. It feels like sane behaviour for me.
But I'm kinda preoccupied because I invested the time to make it happen.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this issue,

Martin