[Nautilus-list] strange behavior on some files

hi,

for quite a while now I see a strange behaviour of nautilus on a
specific partition on my PC. Currently I use nautilus-1.0.4 from RawHide

first: a few lines of my fstab

LABEL=/1             /                    ext2    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot1         /boot                ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/hdc1            /home                ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/hdb10           /opt                 ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/hdb11           /root                ext2    defaults        1 2
LABEL=STORAGE        /storage             ext2    defaults        1 2

now the strange thing:

when I view any directory under /storage in a nautilus window the items
(files/directories) disappear when I click on one !!!!

And another: when I view a file directly in nautilus, ie. entering
/storage/cvs-root/nautilus/ChangeLog in the location bar the file gets
displayed as Text but in the left sidebar there are is no icon and no
information and no buttons (gedit etc.)

this happens only with files on this /storage partition.
All other partitions work fine.

I can see any difference between /storage and i.e. /opt
All partitions are on the same physical drive, all ext2, e2fschk ok.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

thanks
Jens