Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Performance Analysis

Darin Adler wrote:

> Such a test is completely inappropriate for g_return_val_if_fail, if it
> results in I/O. We ought to fix this egregious mistake even if we also
> solve the real problem with your patch. The best fix is to simply remove
> this line.
>
> > Here is my patch for this:
>
> The patch looks great. Please commit it (and the removed line) on both
> branches if you would.
>
> Your use of (!x) goes against the Nautilus coding style (used for Eel)
> which requires (x == NULL), but perhaps we can stop trying to be
> consistent about that. I don't feel strongly about it.
>
>      -- Darin

We should remove the test.  Everything should be robust enough to handle
trying to create a font from a bogus file name.  This could happen for
example if you pick a font from preferences and then remove that font
from your system.  The check for validity for the default font should of
course happen only once and we can assume its valid after that for the
life of the application.

-re