Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Performance Analysis

Darin Adler wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 14, 2001, at 07:09  AM, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > -     Repeated reloads of /usr/share/eel/fonts/urw/n019003l.pfb
>
> Maybe Ramiro can comment on this. One bit of good news is that Nautilus
> won't have its own font handling at all if we do the GNOME 2 port well, so
> this might just go away on its own as we port to GNOME 2.

Ill take care of this one.  Like I said in another mail, its a really
trivial thing to fix.  Im not 100% clear how font stuff is going to work
in GNOME2.  For example, I dunno how you can use Xft (assuming that was
the mechanism used to do aa text) to render into the gnome canvas rgb
buffer - at least not efficiently.

-re