Re: [Nautilus-list] multiple concurrent logons don't work

"Shahms E. King" <shahms shahms com> writes:
> Is this something slated for fixing in the GNOME 2.0 timeframe? I was
> under the impression that GConf/Bonobo-config were intended to remedy at
> least some of these problems, am I not correct in that assumption?
> In a similar vein, is there anything I can do to help alleviate some of
> these issues (i.e. where should I start hacking?)

Just tracking down what the specific issues are and filing bug reports
may help.

GConf does fix this, assuming you have remote CORBA connections
working between the two machines in question (right now, I'm not sure
that's enabled by default). But we still would have to port all apps
to GConf. So that's a whole world of fixage that needs doing.

Another big step would be to make gnome-session handle this
gracefully.

Then another step is to find all component activations
(oaf_activate_from_id()) and make them per-display when
appropriate. There's at least one example of how to do this in
Nautilus, I'm not sure where it is.

Then the ongoing final step is to frequently test the multidisplay
setup and keep filing bugs when people break it...

Havoc