Re: [Nautilus-list] multiple concurrent logons don't work

On 13 Aug 2001 12:35:26 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> "Shahms E. King" <shahms shahms com> writes:
> > I don't know if this is a Nautilus or Bonobo issue, but it shows up most
> > egregiously under Nautilus (but evolution demonstrates similar
> > problems...).  If I'm logged in to GNOME on one terminal and then
> > attempt to login a second time from a different workstation, Nautilus
> > doesn't draw the desktop and all new windows appear on the original
> > display.  A quick search of Bugzilla didn't turn up anything, but I
> > didn't search for resolved issues, so if this has been reported and
> > fixed, my apologies.
> >

> GNOME is completely screwed in many many ways for using the same home
> directory from two sessions. Needs fixing. :-(
>
> Havoc

Is this something slated for fixing in the GNOME 2.0 timeframe? I was
under the impression that GConf/Bonobo-config were intended to remedy at
least some of these problems, am I not correct in that assumption?
In a similar vein, is there anything I can do to help alleviate some of
these issues (i.e. where should I start hacking?)

--Shahms