Re: [Nautilus-list] Using drag and drop to copy files in Nautilus?

Benjamin Kahn <xkahn zoned net> writes:

> Take two -- this patch applies a little better, and it fixes a problem
> with dragging files to the desktop.  (It would create a link file first
> and then try to copy the file.  This would popup a warning dialog during
> every drag.)

Your patch was missing the end.  icon_view_handle_uri_list was
incomplete.  Can you reattach and try again.  Other comments:

+	container_uri = fm_directory_view_get_uri (FM_DIRECTORY_VIEW (view));
+	container_path = gnome_vfs_get_local_path_from_uri (container_uri);

You're checking later on to see if container_path is NULL, and failing
to write if it is.  I don't see why we should do this -- it won't work
in the "favorites:" case.  Does anyone know where the logic for handling
drops for the internal nautilus drag type is located?

The drag and drop code is a bit of a mess here. )-:

Thanks,
-Jonathan