Re: [Nautilus-list] backgrounds dialog empty

On 27 Apr 2001 12:05:34 -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> Not sure. I haven't heard of this problem before, even from others who have
> the Ximian-modified Nautilus you get from Red Carpet.

Hmmm...

> > Also, it would be nice if Naut supported drag and drop of URLs,
>
> This feature was added to HEAD and should be available in Nautilus 1.0.3.

Yay! Thank you! Also, it appears that Nautilus now thumbnails images >
1MB, which is nice! Previous versions didn't, and my digital camera
routinely produces >1M files.

> > For instance, I can't install things on my pilot with Naut, but
> > I can with GMC.
>
> OK. The folks who work on Nautilus already aware of this problem:

Great. I should have checked bugzilla. Can you give me an indication of
where to look in the Nautilus source to add items to the context menus
(both the regular menu and the drag menu)? And I'll take a crack at
writing a pilot-installer plugin.

A question -- I am trying to get the gnocam bonobo component working in Nautilus,
but the camera:// moniker isn't working; have you tried this at all? Is there a place
I must register components?

Another question -- is there a way to make the "home directory" desktop icon
open a new window, rather than make an existing window change locations? Without
choosing "open all links in new windows"?

Finally, where is the "Scripts" directory I keep hearing about? :) I can't find it,
and would like to try writing scripts for Nautilus.

Thanks!

--Michael