[Fwd: [Nautilus-list] Problems with linking .nautilus/desktop to $HOME]

--- Begin Message ---

Alfonso Landin Piņeiro wrote:

>   I've been playing for a couple of days with this configuration. I
> should say i like it. If the problems i found are solved i would use it
> on may daily work. Here is the list:
>
>  · Folder layout != Desktop Layout: when $HOME is displayed in a window
> i would like it to be ordered automaticaly by name, but when displayed
> on the desktop at want to order it manually. The problem is that when
> nautilus is started desktop is ordered by name. I can reposition the
> icons, and it works for all the session. But if i close the session and
> open it again, i have the desktop again reordered by name. There should
> be a diference between folder layout and desktop layout.
>
>  · Not hidden files and folders created by progams. I want to be able to
> mark this folder to be hidden, but not dotted. Examples can be Nautilus
> or evolution folders and the file plugin130_*.trace created by the java
> plugin for mozilla.

a nice thing should be the .hide that tigert mensioned above.
Plus the ability of right click on an icon on the desktop and select
'Don't show this on desktop'.
This adds the entry in the .hide file
It's still visible in Nauti. Yous should also be able to reverse the
process from a Nauti window by right clicking any item in the ~ dir:
'show/hide this item on desktop'
and voila.

Aubanel.