Re: [Nautilus-list] NautilusScalableIcon: how to make one?

> nautilus_icon_factory_get_icon_for_file in
> libnautilus-extensions/nautilus-icon-factory.h is the call you
> want. You need a NautilusFile object where you have monitored or
> waited for the appropriate set of attributes.

Thanks - I'll take a look at that in a minute.  Hopefully I can figure
out how to make a NautilusFile object with a GnomeVFSURI.

> Putting a right-click menu on the up button does raise a couple of
> issues. If you compute it ahead of time, would you want to do it for
> ftp sites or web sites? That could mean a lot of extra network traffic
> when browsing around. Also, in the case of a web site "up" can often
> be an operation that does not make sense anyway.

Yeah, I was thinking about that as I was adding the appropriate code for
the feature.  Basically, it seems like it would only make sense to be
there all the time, rather than only for certain cases.  It won't really
make sense to use it with some web sites, but even then it can be useful
to be able to get to the base url quickly with just the mouse.  As for
FTP sites, it seems like it would be useful.

To compute the list, I am doing it in the same function that checks
whether or not the Up button should be sensitive or not.  Which seems
like the appropriate place to put it.  I'm using
gnome_vfs_uri_has_parent and gnome_vfs_uri_get_parent - both of which
seem like they just use regular expressions to figure it, rather than
incurring file access/network traffic. But I could be wrong.

Once I figure out the NautilusScalableIcon stuff, I'll post the patch
here and see what you all think of it.

> Anyway, it's great to see you working on this feature.

It's fun to work on ;-)

    --Ryan