[Nautilus-list] Re: Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

> > I am pretty sure that Nautilus could be ported to take advantage of
> > the Solaris features for automounting devices which should eliminate
> > the problem of the 20-opens-per-sec of /etc/mnttab
>
> Twenty opens/second is broken anyway. Every 5-10 seconds maybe reasonable

Where is the proof that there is 20 opens a second?  That is just wrong.
The file is checked
once per second. Perhaps that is too aggressive, but the 20 times per second
quote is simply misinformation.

I would also like to second Havoc's statement about having node monitoring
or some other form of kernel level
file modification notification. Other modern operating systems have had this
ability for years.

Gene