Re: [Nautilus-list] initialization directory is not hidden

Hello folks and all,

> My impression of this is that similar to a vfolder in evolution, nautilus
> takes $HOME/.* and hides them, replacing all these files with a single
> folder which has $HOME/.* in it.

Yes, that's what i meant. Basically removing the need to ever bother newbee
users with the existance of hidden files at all. To them there'd be a folder
in which people can do magic to a program, if they dare and that's it.

I believe Nautilus links VFS, doesn't it?

> This sort of thing would be virtual only, and won't affect actual files on
> the system, but could potentially be helpful in making nautilus more
> powerful. Not something for the newbies of course, except the "user config
> directory" mentioned earlier perhaps, but available for the power users.

Well, there's certainly more what can be useful to a newbie user. It's a pity
that PR1 won't even launch for me, otherwise I could tell you more.

Yours, Karl