Re: [Nautilus-list] initialization directory is not hidden

Alan wrote:

> This sort of thing would be virtual only, and won't affect actual files on the
> system, but could potentially be helpful in making nautilus more powerful.
> Not something for the newbies of course, except the "user config directory"
> mentioned earlier perhaps, but available for the power users.

Not really the place to discuss this, I know, but a related feature is a
godsend in any of the very few apps I've used that has it-- the "list
all the files of type X below the currently-selected directory" button
in the File Open dialog.

Makes life so much easier when you just can't remember exactly where you
saved that file, or in apps that allow it, you want to open two files
simultaneously that happen to live in different directories...

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson ireland sun com    Desktop Enginering Group