Re: [Nautilus-list] File renaming

"John Sullivan" <sullivan eazel com> writes:

> on 9/10/00 7:04 AM, Maciej Stachowiak at mjs eazel com wrote:
>
> > In Nautilus, Ctrl+O is the open/activate keyboard shortcut. Space does
> > not do anything. Actually, I wasn't able to figure out a way to select
> > multiple files with the keyboard at all. Maybe I did not try hard
> > enough.
>
> You didn't, though the feature is pretty obscure (and well-hidden,
> deservedly so in my opinion).
>
> You can select multiple files from the keyboard using Control-arrow-keys in
> icon or list view. Unmodified arrow keys move the single-item selection from
> icon to icon. Control-arrow-keys leave the selection unchanged while moving
> the keyboard-focus from icon to icon. Control-space toggles the selected
> state of the keyboard-focus icon. When control-arrowing around, the
> keyboard-focus icon is drawn with a stippled border (though the drawing of
> that border is a little buggy right now; sometimes not all four sides are
> drawn, and the bugginess looks different with and without the anti-aliased
> canvas on).

Aha, my problem was that I didn't see this border when Ctrl+arrowing
around, and I didn't know that Ctrl+space would toggle
selection. Actually, the Ctrl+arrow feature only seems to work with
the up and down arrows right now, not the right or left arrows. I'll
file a bug if I can still reproduce this with the latest build.

 - Maciej