Re: [Nautilus-list] Problem with Spaces in URI's

Michael Twomey - Sun Microsystems Ireland - Engineer <michael twomey ireland sun com> writes:

> Hi,
> 	I've encountered this problem too. I think it isn't a problem with
> Nautilus escaping spaces but with Nautilus calling applications without
> quotes around the filename argument, i.e. 'app %f' instead of 'app
> "%f"'.
>
> How does Nautilus get the information it uses to call apps? If it is
> from the Gnome mime types then ideally putting " marks around the %f
> should fix this. Trying this myself doesn't seem to fix this. This could
> actually be a bug with how Gnome handles the mime type actions.

You're correct, we should shell quote arguments passed to the
application. Double qoutes are actually not the best way to do this,
but that is an implementation detail. I think we have a bug for this
but I can't find the bug number at the moment, so feel free to file
another if you can't find it either.

 - Maciej