Re: [Nautilus-list] Trying to get nautilus to work on ppc

on 9/1/00 8:21 PM, Ariel Rios at ariel arcavia com wrote:

> Trying to compile nautilus I'm getting the following:
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> In file included from sfnt.c:24:
> ttload.c: In function `TT_Load_Header':
> ttload.c:509: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
> data type
> make: *** [sfnt.lo] Error 1
>
> Due to the -Werror flag I cant further advance...
> I'm told I need freetype to advance...

The -Werror flag is off for Nautilus releases. So this is only a problem if
you are building from cvs rather than from a release tarball.

> Compiling with -disable-more-warnings always result in an error with
> Bonobo used as and undeclared identifier
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/users/ariel/doc/cvs/nautilus/src'
> /usr/bin/orbit-idl -I/usr/share/idl -I.. ./nautilus-shell-interface.idl
> ../libnautilus/nautilus-view-component.idl:21: Error: `Bonobo'
> undeclared identifier
>
> ** WARNING **: ./nautilus-shell-interface.idl compilation failed
> touch nautilus_shell_interface_idl_stamp

I'm not sure what caused this problem. It looks like a problem including the
Bonobo.idl file, which seems strange since you say you've successfully
compiled Evolution.

If you'd like to work on debugging this some more, perhaps you could stop by
the #nautilus IRC channel some time.

> Is Eazel ever planning to support the linux ppc platform?

We're not going out of our way to not support it. The 2nd problem you report
above (the one that's really in your way) sounds like something that's not
platform specific, anyway.

> It seems they are careless about it which sucks...

If there are LinuxPPC-specific problems, we'd be happy to fix them. Not sure
what "careless about it" means. We don't have any LinuxPPC systems set up,
but we'd like Nautilus to work on it if possible.

    -- Darin