[Nautilus-list] Bugs(?) with nautilus-200010122100

I've found a few glitches (bugs perhaps) while using nautilus as compiled
from source tarballs (200010122100).

1. bonobo-text is very slow at loading text files (3 mins with a 1Mb file)
2. starting with --start-desktop, I get a desktop that captures focus
   whenever the mouse enters it, rendering useless the "enter-only" focus
   settings of sawfish (other wm call it sloppy-focus). I think that gmc
   uses a different window for every icon to solve this problem
3. with bonobo-text, I can edit a text file, but changes do not get saved
4. while using bonobo-text, it is possible to use the zoom entries under
   the view menu, but the component does not export the Zoomable
   interface
5. if I try to use the search toolbar, when the window is narrower than
   some (large) amount, the search interface does not get displayed, with
   an arrow displayed in its place; clicking on the arrow leads to a crash
6. it takes 2 mins to open a new window (PII 233, 64Mb)
7. starting with --start-desktop, I've got once an icon leading to my
   (mounted) cdrom, but the icon does not appear consistently (that is,
   respawning nautilus made the icon disappear)
8. gradients do not get dithered
9. drag and drop does not give any visual clue on the number of icons
   being dragged (only the icon of the first selected file gets dragged)

Is this an acceptable way to report bugs? Is there any better mean?

While trying to understand how to write a NautilusView component, I've
written a simple text viewer. It is much faster than bonobo-text, and
supports the Zoomable interface and drag'n'drop of colors and backgrounds.
Is it worthwhile for me to post it? If so, where?

I'm writing a font viewer too, and I need help; I'd like to show a single
letter rendered with the font in the icon of the font itself, much like
the text preview inside text file icons. How do I do it? Browsing the
source, I've not found a general way (an interface or something) to do it.

Many thanks, Rocco Pinneri <rocco pinneri tesoro it>