Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus and evolution

Well, If I can use the same GConf, ORBit, bonobo, gnome-vfs and oaf as
with other apps then there is no need for a binary tar archive. But
since you provide those rpms marked EazelSource I got the feeling that
you have modifications in the source, and that things might not work with
other apps.

Is it possible for me to use the Helix versions of all things and just add
the packages missing from http://developer.eazel.com/download/hourly/current/?

If that's the case I happily use the rpms, if not I prefere a big tar archive
containing everything. And in this case I don't think I'm alone...

//Snaggen

At 09 October, 2000 Ramiro Estrugo wrote:
> Mattias Eriksson wrote:
> >
> > I have evolution installed on my system and I use that to test it out and hunt
> > bugs. For that I have bonobo installed, is there any difference in your
> > bonobo libs from Helix bonobo libs?
> > Is it possible to have nautilus and evolution on the same system using your
> > rpm's or is it just possible using Preview releases?
> >
> > And why don't you provide any binary tar archives, it cant be hard since you
> > already have a compile farm.
> >
> > I know have written about the same thing before, but I havent got any responce
> > about if theres possible to use the rpm's or if there is any plans on making
> > binary tar archives.
> >
> > This is the only thing stopping me from helping in testing nautilus...
> >
> > /Snaggen
> >

> For a while, Evolution and Nautilus were using different Bonobos.
>
> As of last week, both should be using the HEAD of Bonobo.  The
> EazelSnapshot RPMS should be based on the HEAD of bonobo.
>
> So yes, you should be able to use the EazelSnapshot bonobo RPM with both
> Nautilus and Evolution.
>
> I think the binary tarball thing would be easy to do if there is a big
> demand for it.  Paul or Robin would know more about that.
>
> -re

Mattias Eriksson             E-mail: c96men cs umu se
Tvistevägen 26                       snaggen acc umu se
907 36  UMEA                 Tel:    090-198800
SWEDEN                               070-5636769

'I don't fight for a cause   Hemsida: http://www.acc.umu.se/~snaggen
I fight for the fight'       PGP: http://www.acc.umu.se/~snaggen/snaggen.asc