[Nautilus-list] Re: [Nautilus-test] Lots of Nautilus UI bugs from Bonobo switchover

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 09:23:05AM -0700, John Sullivan wrote:
> Darin and I have switched Nautilus over to using Bonobo HEAD, where the API
> for the user interface features has been completely redesigned and
> reimplemented. We made menus and toolbars and such work in the most basic
> form, but there are many obvious bugs remaining. You might want to look at
> the set of bugs I filed on these issues to see which problems are already
> known. These are mostly in the range bugzilla.eazel.com 3495 to 3523. It
> will take a couple of days at least before most things are back to normal,
> and certainly a while longer before all these bugs are fixed.

John,

I attempted to build Nautilus from CVS shortly after the merge.  I don't
now whether I've got it completely updated but I did remove teh whole
source tree and updated properly.  What I see is that there is a mismatch
between using bonobo-control.h and bonobo-ui-handler.  My build fails
because of the struct Bonobo_UIHandler.  This is proper if you're
using bonobo-ui-handler.h, but it's inconsistent.  in
libnautilus/nautilus-clipboard.h, you're including bonobo-control.h which
uses teh bonobo ui handler in bonobo-compat.h.  In wihc the
structure should be BonoboUIHandler.  I haven't completed my build
but I know I canp robably fix all this by changing Bonobo_UIHandler to
BonoboUIHandler and including bonbobo-control.h instead of bonobo-ui-handler.h

Just wondering if this has been addressed and I can simply just pull another
version out of cvs or not.  I prefer not to hack through all the code just
to get it ot compile, since I have no idea what the effect it has during
runtime.  I suspect I'll have a failure at some point.

	sri