Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Gnomecanvaspixbuf compile failure

Thanks for reply but I am using the bonobo as well as all the packages that
came with Preview 2. I am building on RH7. Nautilus build instructions say,
install Helix Code 1.2 (I have that satisfied; that is where the old bonobo
comes from). It says install mozilla-m18 and mozilla-devel-M18 (I have that
satisfied).

Download and build and install in order (I have followed this by installing
all files using:
	Redefining variables
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARYPATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export GNOME_PATH=/usr/local/:/usr

Compiling programs in this order using commands shown below
oaf, GConf, gnome-vfs, bonobo, medus, nautilus, ammonite
	./configure --prefix=/usr/local
	make
	su <password>
	make install
Nautilus producing error in original email shown at end of this message so I
do not get to compile ammonite (openssl-0.9.5a-14 is installed on my system)

Any ideas as to cause of gnomecanvaspixbuf*** problem?
Marvin
> on 11/8/00 8:33 AM, mpierce at mpierce optusnet com au wrote:
> > New error after install of mozilla-devel causing compile abort:
> >
> > checking for additional GNOME modules...  gnomecanvaspixbuf*** bonobo
> > library is not installed
> > configure: error: *** GNOME 1.0.0 or better is required.
> >
> > [root localhost nautilus-0.5]# rpm -q bonobo
> > bonobo-0.23-0_helix_2
> > Using Helix Gnome 1.2, can someone advise?
>
> Did you read the Nautilus README? bonobo 0.23 is too old as it says in
> README.
>
>     -- Darin

Marvin R. Pierce
Director