RE: [Nautilus-list] Status...

Hi all,

I think this would be a great feature to have.
A possible implementation might be to have a list of the 'types' of action
the user did

ie

Delete text
Insert Image
Type new text
Insert New Image over another image
change background color
Change font

Then, for linear Undo/Redo use the typical button, thus undo would change
the font back in this example.
For the advanced version, scroll to the item to be undone/redone (ie right
click>undo>listChange_font), and then have a comparison window show the
before/after version of the action (assuming the user holds down the button
for an added second, or another submenu >[compare,apply]).

I'd agree that this could be a pain to implement, and will likely have a
couple of cases where there are going to be ambiguities or results that are
contrary to a linear undo.

A related idea is the multicopy/paste, which can be found in Outlook 2000
(the Macs scrapbook was a similar idea that was implemented much
earlier...).  However, instead of the copy clipboard as implemented by MS,
which gives no context about the item, nor the scrapbook as implemented on
the Mac, which only showed one item at a time.  It might be cool to have
thumbnailed page of the assorted copied content.  I also like the 'paste
all' that the Outlook clipboard has, thus one can copy the material in the
order you want it pasted, and have it all pasted into order in a single
command.

Tom M.
TomM Pentstar com