[Nautilus-list] First Impressions

Hi all :)
Thanks for helping me get Nautilus running... here are some first impressions
from my installation/initial run:

1) You are extremely helpful to newbies. Thank you and you will go far if you
keep this up :)

2) After installing Nautilus, and running it for the first time, I was amazed
at how fast it was. It displayed my MP3 directory (4500+ files in *ahem*
several subdirectories) pretty quickly. One thing I noticed is that the
directory tree flashed rapidly while it was populating, as if I were seeing
the repaints.

3) If I right click on the .bashrc file in my home directory, and choose
"open" from the context sensitive menu, Nautilus goes bye bye. I don't know
if this is an installation issue (maybe I forgot something?) or if it is a
real bug. Here is the output from nautilus when this happens:

[ashari lancelot ashari]$ nautilus
Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `(unknown)' to `GtkWidget'
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 4864 (gtk_widget_ref): assertion
`GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed. Segmentation fault

4) Nautilus doesn't recognize my mouse wheel. I am not running IMWheel,
because I am running the KDE2 desktop environment, and my mouse wheel works
perfectly without running any 3rd party utils. Would I need to run IMWheel to
get Nautilus to recognize input from my mouse wheel? My X Server is by Xi
Graphics (version 5.0.3+updates), so I'm not sure if IMWheel would even work.

5) When I delete a file at the shell prompt, Nautilus doesn't pick up on this
fact, and will gladly try to re-open a file that doesn't exist anymore,
crashing while doing so.

and finally:

6) When I try to FTP to a site that requires a login other than anonymous,
Nautilus doesn't prompt me for login information. If I supply the login
information in the URL (ftp://<name>:<password>@<addy.com>) it sits in the
"wait state" forever.

Ok, back to using this file manager, I'm very excited about it, it is even
nicer than what I've read about, despite the nitpicks above :)

Have a great day!
Steven