Re: [Nautilus-list] Tree View

Ben FrantzDale wrote:

> For what it's worth, I'm quite sure that Windows' tree view only has
> directories in it.

Indeed it does.  You may be interested in reading "The Windows 95
Interface - A Case Study in Usability Engineering"-- it doesn't go into
much detail, but it does mention the sorts of problems some users (in
this case, mostly novice and existing Win3.1 and Mac users) had with
finding files and understanding hierarchies.  It's online at:

http://www.microsoft.com/usability/UEPostings/The%20WindowsSUP®-SUP%2095%20User%20Interface%20A%20Case%20Study%20in%20Usability%20Engineering.htm

I'm not suggesting this means we should do what Windows does, BTW-- if
everybody did the same user testing and drew the same conclusions from
the results, we wouldn't need GNOME at all  :o)

Cheeri,
Calum.