[Nautilus-list] Re : problem linking mozilla component

I recently tried again to build nautilus with mozilla component. This
time, instead of using the binary packages of mozilla, I built and
installed mozilla M18 from source. Unfortunately, the build of nautilus
aborted again at the same place with the same error. The sources are from
CVS.

Any ideas as to why ?

The tools used are gcc 2.95.2 and binutils 2.10 with glibc 2.1.3.

 j.

The original message follows:

Junichi Saito j saito wanadoo fr
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 13:37:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I'm having problem building nautilus with mozilla component enabled. The
build dies while linking with:

e/lib -loaf -lORBitCosNaming -lORBit -lIIOP -lORBitutil -lglib -lm
-L/usr/lib/mozilla -lgtkembedmoz -lgtksuperwin -lxpcom -lnspr4 -lplc4
-lplds4 -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/gnome/lib
 mozilla-events.o: In function
`basic_nsLiteralChar<unsigned short>::Length(void) const':
/usr/include/mozilla/nsAReadableString.h(.rodata+0x414): undefined
reference to `nsAutoString type_info node'
/usr/include/mozilla/nsAReadableString.h(.rodata+0x44c): undefined
reference to `nsString type_info
node'
/usr/include/mozilla/nsAReadableString.h(.rodata+0x4f0): undefined
reference to `nsCAutoString type_info node'
/usr/include/mozilla/nsAReadableString.h(.rodata+0x510): undefined
reference to `nsCString type_info node'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [nautilus-mozilla-content-view] Error 1

I tried to build nautilus from cvs sources, following the instructions
given in nautilus/README.

Why dose the build fail ?

j.