[Nautilus-list] Re: GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW weirdness.

"Iain" <tigermilk btinternet com> writes:
> works fine (execpt the movie plays outside the Nautilus window, which kinda
> defeats the purpose)
> Have I missed some finer point about this? I put gdk_threads_(enter|leave)
> calls around the GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW call, but it didn't help.

It has nothing to do with threads, the problem is that widget->window
only exists once you realize the widget. Widgets are realized when all
their parents are shown and realized, and the topmost parent is a
toplevel widget. So, when you try this with GtkWindow it's a toplevel
itself so it's realized as soon as you show it. However the drawing
area is not, you need to put it in a toplevel first.

Havoc