Re: [Nautilus-list] HTTP Libraries

Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com> writes:

> On 20 Jun 2000, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
>
> >   In any case, I think the current situation is a bit bad design-wise,
> > because the Mozilla running in  a separate process and Nautilus' GNOME
> > VFS layer will always be competing  with each other.
>
> It seems like the only real solution is to come up with one monster of a
> file access & protocol library that can handle every possible situation
> for Mozilla, other web usage, general VFS stuff etc. Nightmares of libwww
> suddenly come to mind...

if the problem is only with HTTP connections, then perhaps some kind
of a simple caching proxy will work?  it only has to cache things for
which there are active client connections, and perhaps it also has to
store cookies.

not that I have thought on that a lot, though.

--
Entropy isn't what it used to be.