Re: [Nautilus-list] Audio and Bookmark

John Sullivan <sullivan eazel com> writes:

> Jean-Michel Ardantz wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a question and a proposition for Nautilus
> >
> > 1- I have noticed a change recently. When I move (only moving not clicking) the
> > mouse over an audio file (wav, mp3), the music is played. This is cool but a
> > bit confusing. Why then moving the mouse over a image file or text file does not
> > open them ? I think it would be better to have homogeneous actions.
>
> The idea is that playing the sound (after a brief delay) is analogous to previewing
> image files with thumbnails, or previewing text files by showing a little bit of
> their content in the icon. It's more lightweight than opening the file with a
> viewer or application. Those options will also be available using the standard
> mechanism.

Interestingly, we do not have a viewer for sound files included on our
1.0 task list, so as things stand, in 1.0 it will be possible to
preview a sound, but not view it.

It will be possible to view (and play) a directory of sounds using
"View as Music", but only if they are MP3s.

This seems like an odd combination of features, but it is our plan of
record.

 - Maciej