[Nautilus-list] Nautilus CVS compiles but will not run

After periodically trying to compile Nautilus from CVS for quite some
time, to my surprise last night it was actually successful (well, I had
to do some manual work to explicitly define POPT_AUTOHELP in the src
directory).  So I installed it, and when I try to run it I get hundreds
of these:

** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Object Activation Framework error:
 OAF problem description: ''

An error dialog related to the above shows up, so I dismiss it.  The
main Nautilus window and splash screen show up, and I am able to dismiss
the splash screen.  But then Nautilus just sits there and never becomes
responsive.  I think this happened to me the last time I was successful
compiling about a month ago.

I've tried nautilus-clean.sh, restarting my machine, etc. and nothing
fixes this.  I am using GConf and OAF from this weekend's CVS, and
bonobo from a recent CVS (I am also running Evolution from CVS).

Any ideas?  How can I troubleshoot this?

Dan